Tuesday, June 8, 2004

Trish #7

This morning I went to the Salvation Army in South Phoenix. I took a tour of that wonderful ministry, that like so many precious works of God, operates on a shoestring. Trish has a secret life there. They didn't know me. I had to tell them that I am Trish's husband to get in. Then I got the royal treatment! I met several of Trish's clients. They told me that they are praying for Trish.

How precious the body of Christ is when it is in motion. We seem to be at our best when we are ministering to those in need. I have certainly witnessed the beauty and glory of the Lord's Church this week. I am humbled and moved.

Because I am very tired tonight, this will be a brief note.

Trish was tired today and slept a lot. But she did open her eyes several times and squeeze my hand. She knows everyone. Tonight before I left the hospital, she was able to squeeze with her left hand ever so slightly.

I end with a prayer that my friend, Kris Jenson sent me:

"Keep watch dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night, and give your angels charge over those who sleep. Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous, and all for your love's sake. Amen"

" O God, your unfailing providence sustains the world we live in and the life we live: Watch over those, both night and day, who work while others sleep, and grant that we may never forget that our common life depends upon each other's toil; through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen."

No comments: